Friday, September 19, 2008

Windows Without Walls

The new Microsoft commercials are out and I for one love them. I like how Microsoft defends the PC but does not attack Apple directly. Do unto others as you have others do unto you, or something like that right? Apple makes PCs look boring, limiting, and flat out stupid. We all know that’s not true. You can do a lot with a PC. Heck, I do a lot with my PC every day.

I blog, email, watch videos, organize my pictures and music, pay my bills, and program and design web sites. My world connected by bits and bytes are not limited because I don't use an Apple. Apple is a sexier machine then a PC right now. I admit it; they do look better. That's not Microsoft's fault. Tell DELL or HP or any PC manufacturer to tell their suppliers to make sexy PC cases and laptop shells. That might make PC lose its stuffy shirt and tie! I ofter hear, "Apple's just works better." That maybe true too but they do not have every hardware vendor in the work running on their operating system. Apple also doesn't have every hacker in the world trying to break it. Come on; you got to give Microsoft a little credit.

Anywho, PC and Microsoft and synonyms and if one sucks so does the other. Let’s hope change can happen and they both become better. At least the commercials are good!

Just watch it!!!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Steve,

I agree with you. I saw this ad last night and thought it was very effective.

It seems that Microsoft is focusing on the output of their products, i.e. what you can do, as opposed to the classic feature / function approach.

By focusing on users in their ads, they are trying to send a message that they are focusing on people in their day to day operations.

Hopefully their actions and words will match up. If so, they are moving in the right direction.